Sunday, July 12, 2015

Crocodile Pixie Hat


This is such a cute hat! I found this hat pattern on Pinterest less than a week ago, and I knew I had to make it.

The Pattern:
   Crocodile Pixie Hat by Pia Thadani (also located here: http://stitchesnscraps.com/2014/11/01/free-pattern-crocodile-stitch-pixie-hat/)
   The pattern was pretty easy to follow and offered several step-by-step photos for the crocodile stitches. Links were also included for other stitch tutorials when needed.
   This pattern is worked in a rectangle and then one side is sewn, so no worries about crocheting in the round.

Customization:
   *Hook size: I used a size F hook because that was the smallest I had available. The pattern calls for a C.
   *Ties: I used a crochet cord rather than this pattern's suggested options simply because I felt the cords might be a little more substantial this way. Cord pattern: http://pattern-paradise.com/2015/05/21/tutorial-chain-reaction/ (I used cord pattern #4.)

    

Yarn: Patons Kroy Socks FX from Hobby Lobby
Color: Clover Colors
Hook size: F
Sizing: 0-6 month child

No comments:

Post a Comment